Thursday, April 14, 2011

Better late than never

I know it has been quite some time since my last post, but there really hasn’t been much to report.   And that is a very good thing.    I took anti-nausea medication for 3 days.   I lost my sense of taste for 4 or 5 days.   The biggest issue, and the one that kept me from updating the blog, was fatigue.   Around 2 or 3 o’clock every afternoon I started to feel drained.   By dinner time, my communicative skills devolved into grunts and pointing like some kind of bald neanderthal.  

Speaking of bald, I haven’t quite lost all of the hair on my head.   Only 98% of it.   And now I need a haircut.   It is a very odd sight.   That 2% Marine Corps hair is hanging in there, and will not let go without a fight.   I am very proud of it.  I have some pictures of me before and after the hair loss so you can see how it has changed me.

Before:

image

 

And after:

image

I don’t think the change is too bad, and when I wear a hat it is barely noticeable. 

I am posting now from the chemo chair at the Bruno Cancer Center,  taking round 3 of 4 chemo treatments.   I hope that this treatment goes as well as the last, and I will try to do a better job of keeping you informed, even if there is nothing to report.   Be warned though, if I am as tired after this treatment as I was after the last, you will get a post that will read as if The Hulk wrote it:  Hulk tired.   Hulk eat.   Hulk need sleep!

I can’t say enough good things about the folks here at the Bruno Cancer Center.   They are top notch.   God bless every one of them for what they do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments must be family friendly, and positive! Anything other than that is subject to deletion by the comment ninjas.